Monday, October 20, 2008

This is hard!!


Our first few days were difficult, as I am sure everyone experiences, but I felt pretty much clueless. Luckily, my mom was here to help out. Sure I knew that newborns breastfeed every 2-3 hours, but what I didn't realize was that meant during the night (1am) you breastfeed for 30-45 min, get the little guy settled then you can't sleep because he makes so many noises and your eyes pop open with every little sigh, then you barely dose off and BAM!! (3am) ready to eat again. Scott got food poisoning or something on our first day home and was out for the count. But we made it through just fine! I remember asking my mom "Do you think all mom's find their little babies lips so irresistable? I just can't stop kissing him! And when I'm not, I am constantly staring at him because he is so amazing and beautiful!" It all goes by so fast! I still want to kiss him all the time, although, now sometimes it involves chasing him down!

5 comments:

The Montoyas said...

What a beautiful picture of you and Carter! Your love for him just emanates from it!
Such a wonderful thing to be a mom huh?!?
Happy Birthday Week Carter!!!

Thie Family said...

I love this idea. Brings back such great memories and it is so much fun to see the pictures. Thanks for doing this!

Chrissy and Jason said...

So glad you decided to put that picture up. You look so beautiful.

Shannon said...

This is one of my favorite pictures of you and Carter. You can see how much you love him! I love this idea too! Go Nicole, and good for you for following through with it!

Rissy Roo said...

Precious! I have to say, I had the EXACT same thoughts about kissing Wookiee's lips too! They are irresistible!